Lies and damned lies

sunnymicki
on 8/28/11 3:28 pm
You're very right - the DS surgery is something I've never experienced, and it is hard to imagine the reality of it.  I feel the same way about the VSG.  All I can do - all anyone can do when deciding about something they've never experienced - is gather the data, read about the experiences of others, and think about my own mindset/attitudes/feelings as I process it all.   That's why I spent/spend so much time reading on this forum as well as the VSG forum, and the Revision forum.

I have checked out the DSfacts website.  I did much of my research by reading medical journal articles.  (I have access to all of the medical journal databases because of my job.)  

I have no dispute with the sucess of the DS and how well it works for most people.  I'm just very sure that its not the right surgery for me.

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/11 2:38 pm
On August 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4443933/A-CrossroadsThe-Slee ve-or-Roux-and-Y/#36743701

Several posts down they start with the damned DS lies.  Man it ****** me off.

Apparently we are "walking compost piles."

Apparently we are unhealthy because we eat so much fat and calories.

And more.

Lies lies lies.

~Becky
 Actually, Becky, I thought the "human compost" label was quite funny. You know, in one end and out the other, all ready to fertilize the fields. Maybe we can collect the stuff and till it into our gardens this fall. See what happens next summer. What d'ya think? 
Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/28/11 3:35 pm - Tuvalu

The compost person is too stupid for the DS.  She can merely quote what the anti-DS sales pitch was where she went.  (And you KNOW she didn't go anywhere where they do the DS._

So she didn't pass my DS IQ test.
AllieInOntario
on 8/28/11 11:10 pm
On August 28, 2011 at 10:35 PM Pacific Time, Ms. Cal Culator wrote:

The compost person is too stupid for the DS.  She can merely quote what the anti-DS sales pitch was where she went.  (And you KNOW she didn't go anywhere where they do the DS._

So she didn't pass my DS IQ test.
WIN!!!!  
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

mrsannie
on 8/28/11 10:49 pm
 I don't know about any of this except to say I have a DS and I am healthier than I have EVER been in my entire life!  No diabetes or high cholesterol and my blood pressure is that of a child!  I have endurance and stamina and I am living my life!  I take no meds other than vitamins.  I am happy, healthy and active.  

So there!   

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
jenflock
on 8/28/11 11:24 pm - TN
SHEESH!! I had to come from the garden when I was taking my 63rd compost worthy crap for the day just to come in here and try to answer your thread!!! and it's only 9:20 am here!!  and I love the false info that most of us not only crap out enough to compost a third world country..but apparently we all die too and help fertilize the earth in that manner.  I would say it was just misinformation...BUT!!! since the truth is available I will agree that they are lying sacks of compost!     

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 3:40 am
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 3:48 am
 It's truly akin to admitting you're full of ****
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 4:00 am